Sunday, April 19, 2009

Doug and Karen's neighbour thought they had a fox den in there yard but I took a picture of a ground hog in the place they thought was a fox den so I am a bit confused, maybe the baby Fox's hide in that hole temperately to get away from Doug's neighbour. I waited in a field for 45 min to see the little fox cubs but they did not show!
This is my hide while waiting for the fox to come out .
Just in the middle of this photo on the hill there is a bit of grass and dirt pilled up this is where a fox and it's cubs are living. I of course did not get a shot of them playing. Yet!
This is what I could see from where I was. That's Doug and Karen's house.
These are some flowers in Doug and Karen's garden.

A big thanks to Doug and Karen McDougall for being so nice when I showed up with out calling first. Sorry about that :O) Then I took some pictures of their puppy Tia. When on a fox hunt armed with a CANON HA !HA!Ha! LOL . Wow Doug's finger was very beat up. I didn't take photos but I should have. I imagine 20 stitches or something like that. I didn't ask.
I played with Doug and Karen's new puppy. Such a wonderful dog.
She had lots of energy to play a little ball.

This is David returning the Ravens to their nesst. It's in the barn on the very top beam. So high I get worried just standing on the beam. I cant imagine how David felt working up there.


This is Jack and I each holding a Raven I was having a great time. Thanks Davin for taking my picture.
This is the youngest one in the bunch that's why he doesn't have many feathers yet like the other ones. There was a food source in the nest.So when David put this one back he placed it near the food. I think the food source a ground hog from the barn hill. I have it's picture in a previous post.




This is David banding a Raven.
This is Samantha And Mike each holding a baby Raven.

You can see the band in this picture.
The tool in this picture is not for pulling old teeth. It's for banding birds.

Samantha was worried about holding the Raven but soon looked like a pro.
This Is David holding one of the Ravens. As you can see he wore his overalls. To bad his son didn't wear his overalls. The first bird was kind of scared and had a messy presant for Mikes pants and shoe.

This is Jack holding one of the banded Ravines.The bird is in a funny position but I assure you it was very warm and soft. It was so quiet and amzingly easy to hold.


This is is Samantha walking the barn beam, pretty scary! It's about a 12 foot drop if she fell. She didn't fall, though.
This is how my morning started. A friendly Robin perched on our solar light on the deck. Just like it does every day.
This tree in the winter picture is one of my favourite photographs.

1 comment:

illona said...

man, those are some ugly babies! :) ... but gorgeous shots of them. well captured.